How to clean a clear phone case? Knowing how to clean a clear phone case will prevent those dreaded yellowing spots and restore its like-new appearance. When you remove your phone case and notice that it has faded to a disgusting yellow colour, it is always a terrible moment. This yellowing is a normal consequence of ageing and exposure to ultraviolet radiation and heat. Thus it cannot be prevented. Additionally, grease and grime can leave their stains with regular use.
The good news is that these stains can be eliminated relatively quickly. Use one of the following cleaning techniques to restore your phone cover. The cleaning supplies may be obtained in most households, so you may already have all you need. Here are the steps for how to clean a clear phone case.
Using dish soap to clean a clear phone case
It may seem simple, but there is a reason why dish soap is used for regular cleaning. It cuts through grease and aids in the dissolution of whatever residue it comes in contact with. Therefore, it is an ideal cleaning agent for a yellowing phone case. Adhere to these steps:
- In the sink, combine a few drops of dish soap with warm water to make a soapy bath.
- Using a spare toothbrush, scrub the solution into the crevices of the removed phone case. Don’t forget to check the corners and crevices for ports and buttons.
- Repeatedly submerge your case in water as you work to clean it thoroughly.
- Once satisfied, drain the dirty water and rinse the case with clean water to remove any residual soap.
- Then, towel-dry the case with a microfiber cloth and allow it to air-dry entirely.
- Before reapplying your phone case, ensure it is dry; otherwise, you may cause harm.
How to clean a clear mobile phone case with baking soda
Sodium bicarbonate is an excellent natural cleanser. This common baking ingredient is effective due to its abrasiveness. It may also dissolve dirt and oil with water, making it superb for various cleaning applications. Here are some things you didn’t realise baking soda could clean. The empty phone case should be placed on a towel. This method can be pretty messy, so we prefer this alternative.
- Sprinkle baking soda throughout the case. Start with one side; then, we will switch to the other.
- Sc scrubs the baking soda inside and around the case using a spare toothbrush with a wet head. As previously, be patient and thoroughly incorporate the powder until it resembles a paste.
- Scrub in a circular motion, particularly in areas with heavy stains. As needed, add more water to the toothbrush throughout this process.
- After scrubbing, remove the baking soda by rinsing it under running water.
- Turn the phone case over and repeat the instructions on the opposite side.
- Ensure all baking soda is removed before drying the case with a microfiber cloth.
- Allow the case to dry completely in the air before reattaching it to your phone.
Clear phone case cleaning with white vinegar
How can baking soda be mentioned without white vinegar? In the end, the combination is what makes them such effective cleaners. Due to its power and acidity, white vinegar is an incredible natural cleaner. It can effectively eliminate limescale and disinfect surfaces. Here’s how to apply it to a transparent phone case:
- Find a small jar or bowl that can accommodate your phone case. Place the empty case inside and a heavy object on top to weigh it down. Make sure that whatever you use is neither metal nor rubber so that it will not rust.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of baking soda over the case, and then slowly pour one cup of white vinegar over it. Expect it to first bubble; this is part of the cleansing process. If the case is not entirely submerged, add additional vinegar.
- Allow soaking for several hours
- Once the time is over, properly rinse your case.
- Before using the case again, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and let it air-dry entirely.
Using rubbing alcohol to clean a clear phone case
If you wish to disinfect the phone case and clean it, rubbing alcohol is particularly effective. This solution kills germs on contact and leaves a dazzling shine due to its rapid drying time. However, rubbing alcohol has been known to discolour some phone cases, so read the care instructions and conduct a test on a tiny, inconspicuous area before applying.
- Alcohol is applied to a microfiber cloth. Alternately, you may use alcohol wipes or a spray bottle to accomplish this.
- Wipe your empty phone case’s front and back with the solution, paying particular attention to the edges and charging port hole.
- After doing so, remove the alcohol with a clean microfiber towel. It dries rapidly, so this shouldn’t take too much time.
- Allow the case to air dry for several hours before placing it back on your phone.
May you utilise bleach?
Bleach is a powerful solution known to destroy phone cases depending on the material composition. Because of this, we do not advocate utilising it unless you are ready to assume this risk.
Instead, repeat the steps above and monitor the results. It may take multiple applications to restore your phone case to its original condition, but your perseverance should be rewarded. Remember to clean your phone case every few weeks to avoid it from turning yellow again.
Uncommon hacks for yellow phone cases
How to clean a clear phone case? Not every strategy for dealing with yellowing situations is standard. In certain conditions, you can employ different techniques that relatively few people would consider. Remember that the objective is to clean clear cases that have turned yellow, so use whatever method is most effective. Let’s look at a few examples:
Yes, some of those stains can be removed. Consider this a reasonable alternative for a matte-finished casing. Alternatively, the approach should also work on a smooth-textured silicone casing. Remove blemishes and stains off your case as you would from a book.
Sunlight tends to bleach anything exposed to it. While there is no definitive explanation for this, we are optimistic that it is suitable for a phone case. Place it outside and allow it to soak up the light. To prevent uneven lighting, maintain a constant change of location as the sun moves from East to West.
Have you ever considered removing the yellow cases’ top layer? Sandpaper allows it to be possible. We suggest it for a clear phone case. Even though it is unlikely to provide a flawless clean, your case will be a few shades brighter. Sand your case and then clean it with a moist cloth. Once completed, it will be ready for use.
Purchase a New Phone Case
If none of these methods works to stop or reverse the yellowing process, it may be time to get a replacement. When purchasing, give attention to cases that are not yellowing. Consider cleaning and disinfecting it periodically to prevent deterioration and prolong its lifespan.
The benefit of doing so is avoiding dirt and debris from settling in. Consequently, you will typically encounter only mild stains that are simple to remove. In addition to doing it often, do it precisely. Avoid avoidable errors, such as utilising damp or semi-dry phone cases.
On the other hand, germ-free and clean phone cases are also good for your health. We spend an average of three hours and fifteen minutes daily on our mobile phones. To put this in perspective, for a dirty 6-inch phone screen, you interact directly with approximately 200,000 bacteria.
Creepy, right? Ultimately, clean your case as often as possible, and it will serve you well. To keep your phone in pristine shape, replace it after it has fulfilled its purpose.
How to clean a clear phone case? Using the methods above, you no longer need to worry about yellowing phone cases. You now have various possibilities from which to pick. Try several techniques above until you find one that works for you. There is no justification for restoring your phone’s elegant appearance.